Do you love motorcycles, snowmobiles, and all other types of power sports engines? Ready to turn your career up to 10,000 RPM?! Millennium Technologies is looking for a Grinding Technician to help manufacture, modify, and repair some of the most exciting engine applications in the world! Train with the experts on a variety of manufacturing processes for every type of power sports engine imaginable, including vintage snowmobiles and motorcycles from the 50s to 70s up to the latest innovations coming off today's assembly lines! Millennium Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Job Type: Full-Time
- Removing plating flash, sandblasting cylinders, and removing aluminum transfer from cylinder bores using multiple types of tools.
- Set up and operate grinding and other related tools
- Remove excess material or burrs from surfaces, sharpen edges or corners. Buff, hone, and polish cylinders.
- Inspect parts, recommend work, and document findings.
- Maintain department cleanliness.
- Assist department manager.
- Must be able to stand for long periods at a time.
- Must be able to lift up to 40lbs. regularly.
- Requires the use of both hands and arms. Candidate must be able to bend, kneel, balance, and twist throughout the shift.
- Must be able to hold and use a powered, vibrating grinding tool for multiple hours throughout the shift.
- Grasp ideas and learn quickly
- Basic computer skills.
- Read/write and type specific documentation.
- Effectively present info to other employees.
- Must be able to work at a specified pace and produce a certain number of useable parts per hour.
- Keen attention to detail and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment is necessary.
- Tools work better with right handers.
Pay Range, Additional Benefits, and more:
- Salary starts at $16/hr with performance bonuses up to $20/hr
- Excellent Benefits Package including health, retirement, and vacation options.
- Laid back, fun work environment.
- Education Development Opportunities.
- $1.50 shift premium.