Level 3 Machinist
Opportunity: Do you love cars, motorcycles, and engines? Do you want to turn your career up to 10,000 RPM? Millennium Technologies is looking for an experienced Machinist to help build and repair some of the coolest engine parts in the world. . Being an excellent employee is a requirement as this is one of the most important jobs in the building. Think you have what it takes?
Machinist that has 6-10+ years of experience and has a machinist degree background.
Understands Millennium Technology processes. Able to set up the most complex jobs and run efficiently. Full understanding of manual and cnc machines. This is a 1st shift position Monday-Friday with an occasional Saturday during our busy season, the ability to work overtime is mandatory. The wage is commensurate with your experience, leadership skills and drive.
Job Type: Full-Time
- Set up and run machine to achieve production schedule of parts on both manual and CNC machines.
- Machine parts to specified prints and sketches or design intent.
- Understand and can manipulate the G code.
- Can program conversationally with the machine interface.
- Understand Millennium Technology processes for work to be done on normal routine jobs. (Boring, milling, turning, thread repair, general machining, etc.)
- Understands and able to complete task that are directly related to our products repairs and modifications
- Measure dimensions of finished work pieces to ensure conformance to specifications, using precision measuring instruments, templates, and fixtures.
- Stop machines to remove finished work pieces or to change tooling, setup, or work piece placement, according to required machining sequences.
- Listen to machines during operation to detect sounds such as those made by dull cutting tools or excessive vibration and adjust machines to compensate for problems. Remove and replace dull cutting tools.
- Monitor machine operation and control panel displays and compare readings to specifications to detect malfunctions.
- Confer with supervisors or programmers to resolve machine malfunctions or production errors or to obtain approval to continue production.
- Clean machines, tooling, or parts, using solvents or solutions and rags.
- A degree in the Machining discipline , although equivalent work experience can be applied.
- Assembly and Fabrication experience.
- Knowledge of how to use precise measuring equipment and tools.
- Manual lathe and Mill operation experience. CNC experience is necessary.
- Working knowledge of a computer and soft ware programs.
- Able to grasp and learn quickly.
- Complete tasks in a timely matter.
- Follow directions.
- Be able to interpret and understand concepts, sketches and blue prints.
- Stand for long periods of time.
- Be able to lift 50# consistently.
Pay Range, Additional Benefits, and more:
- Excellent Benefits Package including health, retirement, and vacation options.
- Laid back, fun work environment.